Posted on Sep 13, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: 30k-32,700 per annum dependant on qualifications & experience
Our Client, an Ofsted 'Outstanding' Grade 1 training organisation, is now looking for an Mechanical Trainer / Assessor to join their busy and motivated assessor team.
The role of the Mechanical Trainer/Assessor is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in Mechanical engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines.
The role will also include the progressive development of the Mechanical engineering curriculum and the material associated with its delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver and assess Mechanical engineering courses up to and including level three.
- To develop and maintain the current Mechanical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
- Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
- To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented.
- Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
- To prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Have a minimum of three years Mechanical experience in industry.
Competent in domestic or industrial installation & maintenance, with proven knowledge and experience on plant and process control systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
Hold a level three qualification in Mechanical Engineering
Have a sound knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles
Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
Additional Requirements (Desirable)
Hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003