Commercial Gas Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Commercial Gas Engineer with Pipefitting/Welding qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
We are looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer with their pipefitting/welding qualifications together with installation experience to join our team! You will provide a technical engineering service with the minimum of supervision to the Atalian Servest FM client in respect of M&E Small works, repairs, maintenance and installation. You will additionally be required to undertake the service and maintenance of other assets / trades were deemed competent to do so.
Main Duties include:
- To carry out small works installations and repairs to the highest of standards
- Occasionally undertake PPM, proactive and reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met
- To provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met
- To ensure that equipment operates to specified performance criteria
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
- Working in a safe manner at all times, complying with current Health & Safety legislation and Atalian Servest H&S policy
- Pipe fitter welder
- SVQ level 3 industrial and commercial heating and ventilation installation (or equivalent)
- Experience in all aspects of Pipe fitting and testing.
- Oxy-acetylene and MMA welding tickets
- Preferably but not essential MiG and Tig welding tickets
- Commercial gas certs with testing and purging (COCN1, ICPN1, CORT1, CIGA1, TPCP1 & 1A, CDGA1, CCN1)
- Domestic gas certs preferable (CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, CENWAT, DAH1, CPA1)
- LPG gas certs preferable but not necessary
- Relevant experience in commercial installs
- Customer focussed individual with proactive approach to working
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations
- To attempt to solve issues in the first instance in a manner that will not put the client`s products or people at risk of contamination as a result of our works
- Possess effective communication skills with ability to write technical reports and or communicate verbally with supervisor, manager, helpdesk and client representatives
- Ability to use electronic hand held devices
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to Supervisor or manager
This role will require Disclosure Scotland Clearance. Baseline or other similar security clearance may also be required.
Hours and Environment
This role will be based in the Glasgow area. Standard working hours are 08:00 - 16:30 with occasional overtime and a call-out rota.
We are an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£36k - £42k Annual
£39k - £44k Annual
£30k - £36.4k Annual
£34k - £38k Annual
£42k - £45k Annual
£40k - £44k Annual
£42k - £46k Annual
£32k - £34k Annual
£30k - £36k Annual