Dentist - Hermiston, OR
Posted on Oct 11, 2019 by DentaQuest
Dentist - Hermiston, OR
Job Code: 2019:ADG-067 Location: Hermiston, OR FT/PT Status: Part Time At Advantage Dental, we are constantly looking for talented individuals who can deliver the mission driven service our company requires. We are one of the largest Dental Care Organizations in Oregon with over 50 clinics throughout the state. We are headquartered in beautiful Redmond, Oregon in the heart of Central Oregon.
If you are highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing your work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced clinic environment, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join a growing company with competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently looking for a part-time Dental Provider to join our team at our Hermiston clinic!
This position is responsible for providing care and maintenance for the general health of patients' oral cavity and dentition. Diagnose and treat health problems affecting the mouth and teeth, provide counseling on oral hygiene, and keep detailed accurate patient files.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Examine teeth, gums and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities.
2. Formulate plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
3. Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
4. Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
5. Prescribe medications as necessary.
6. Carefully document diagnoses, treatment plans, consultations and medications.
7. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Occasionally (25%): Wet/slippery area, chemical solution.
- Rarely (10%): Marked changes in temperature; excessive noise; dust, vibration, uneven surfaces.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category - Risk for Exposure to BBP.
- Risk of exposure to infectious disease during all patient contacts.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or substances.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: gloves, scrubs/gown, mask, eye protection. Must be able to wear appropriate PPE required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting; keyboard operation; use of clear and audible speaking voice; ability to hear normal speech level in person and over telephone.
- Frequently (50%): Standing and walking; grasping/squeezing; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 1-25 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Climbing stairs, climbing ladder/step-stool (varies by area); crawling; operation of a motor vehicle.
Travel is not a regular duty of this position, but may be required from time to time.
- DDS or DMD required
- Current license and credentials to practice dentistry in the state of Oregon
- Current DEA registration
If this sounds like you, apply today!