Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical
Posted on Nov 12, 2019 by LewisGale Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back? Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities.
Our colleagues come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection. We can even help with your existing student loan debt with our student loan repayment program.
By applying to this posting you will be considered for Medical Surgical Nurse positions across multiple locations in the Southwest Virginia Market listed below.
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking to add another ambitious Registered Nurse to our Capital Division to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Determine health status and needs of patients through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care
- Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems
- Implement nursing care within the scope of practice
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Provide for the care of multiple patients either through direct care or assignment and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team
- Evaluate the patient's responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions
- Current RN license in the State of Virginia or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- ADN required; BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing preferred
We are a member of the HCA Healthcare network. Together, we are a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Hospitals in HCA Healthcare's Southwest Virginia Market include:
- LewisGale Medical Center
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
If you would like to be considered for specified locations, please visit our Career Site and search by facility to view their current openings.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.