Credit Analyst - 1.5 year FTC (f/m/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Deutsche Börse AG
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organisations worldwide. It organises markets characterised by integrity, transparency and safety for investors who invest capital and for companies that raise capital - markets on which professional traders buy and sell financial instruments according to clear rules and under strict supervision. With its services and systems, Deutsche Börse Group ensures the functioning of these markets and a level playing field for all participants - worldwide.
However, Deutsche Börse Group's products and services are by no means limited to trading "as such": its business areas cover the entire value chain in the financial services sector, ranging from pre-IPO services and the admission of securities, through trading, clearing and settlement to custody services and other financial instruments, along with collateral and liquidity management. Additionally, the Group provides IT services, indices and market data worldwide.
Group Company: Clearstream Banking Luxembourg
Credit Analyst - 1.5 year FTC (f/m/d)
Full-time | Limited
Field of activity
Group Credits overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank's credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
In your position as Credit Analyst you will be mainly responsible for assessing the general creditworthiness of counterparts and collateral issuers (financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns) operating in a variety of mature and growth countries. As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide credit recommendations to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas.
Furthermore, you will monitor customers' exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency while ensuring that the level of credit risk accepted by Clearstream is in accordance with the bank's credit policies, underwriting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct credit research and market intelligence in order to acquire sufficient knowledge of the counterparts under your responsibility
- Assess customer's credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
- Prepare annual counterparts credit reviews and ad-hoc credit assessment.
- Recommend acceptance of new clients and credit limits
- Input and maintenance of credit data in the systems of records
- Evaluate the criteria taken into account for collateral eligibility and search for improvements in the criteria used and the quality of data
- Monitor credit exposures, authorise purchases of securities and the release of customers' payments while ensuring adherence to settlement and currency deadlines
- Contribute to the review, upgrade and development of credit policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work on the maintenance, design, testing and implementation of new and existing credit tools
- Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
- Participate in credit projects and ad-hoc requests
- University degree in Business, Accountancy or Banking & Finance
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills supported by prior experience in credit analysis of banks and other financial institutions
- Credibility and drive to present senior management with robust and accurate credit recommendations
- Sound knowledge of different financial instruments
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in an international environment; ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of German
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€550 - €550 Daily