Risk Management Consultant
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Finalyse
Our aim is to support our clients incorporating changes and innovations in valuation, risk and compliance. We share the ambition to contribute to a sustainable and resilient financial system. Facing these extraordinary challenges is what drives us every day. Our people are empowered to design and implement efficient value chains and pragmatic solutions. Acting as one team with our partners and clients, we bring a unique mix of financial and technological know-how. At Finalyse, every client and employee is unique. This distinctive blend of expertise, team spirit and fairness has contributed to more than 30 years of successful projects and trustful relationships.
As Consultant you ensure that both risks inherent to the Bank's activity and risks related to the environment in which the Bank operates are identified, assessed, treated, monitored and reported appropriately.
More precisely, you will work on projects aiming at analyzing, developing, building, testing and managing applications which are used to support risk management calculations, models and reports (Credit Risk, Market Risk, ALM, Basel III, CRD IV, CRD V, IFRS9, A-IRB, AIFMD, MIFID2).
You work as a member of our team of talented individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
Your responsibilities may include various stages in the project cycle, a.o.:
- Act as subject matter expert on credit, market or liquidity risk.
- Enhance risk management policies & procedures
- Participate to the implementation of risk models & to the calculation of risk figures
- Develop & automate the production of risk & regulatory reports
- Proactively suggest tailor-made solutions, taking into account the client's environment and his capacity to comply with the different regulations.
Must Have Requirements
- You have an MA or MSc in economics, physics, mathematics, IT or related fields.
- An advanced degree in finance and/or a certification like CFA, FRM, PRM is a distinct advantage.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in risk management and a good understanding of how risk models, data and processes interact.
- You have good functional/technical skills for the implementation of software solutions & you are an advanced user of risk-centric software e.g. of Moody's, SAS, Wolters Kluwer (OneSumX for Finance).
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills with the ability to explain sophisticated issues in a simple but professional way.
- You are open to travel inside Western Europe, knowing that Luxembourg will remain your primary location.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€550 - €550 Daily