Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Deutsche Börse AG
However, Deutsche Börse Group's products and services are by no means limited to trading "as such": its business areas cover the entire value chain in the financial services sector, ranging from pre-IPO services and the admission of securities, through trading, clearing and settlement to custody services and other financial instruments, along with collateral and liquidity management. Additionally, the Group provides IT services, indices and market data worldwide.
Field of activity
The Regulation & Compliance team aims to ensure the compliance of Eurex Clearing as the Central Counterparty ("CCP") and Eurex Frankfurt, as the operator of the exchange Eurex Deutschland (following "Eurex") with regard to national and international laws and regulations. The aim is to protect Eurex from any harm, which could result from failures to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Therefore, we monitor and on regular basis assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures put in place to avoid potential risks of non-compliance. Here, we work in close cooperation with Deutsche Börse Group Compliance. We also advise and assist the people responsible to carry out the Eurex services to comply with the obligations under the applicable regulations.
Located in Eschborn you will work in a highly motivated team to further strengthen compliance controls over the organisational and technical measures across the business areas of Eurex, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Eurex.
- Monitor relevant regulatory obligations and requirements under consideration of emerging market practices
- Establish a control framework and carry out controls as a 2nd Line of Defence with the focus on the adherence of laws and regulations applicable for a derivatives exchange and a clearing house
- Prepare, develop and maintain relevant risk analysis including risk based derivation of respective control measures
- Support and monitor the business areas regarding the remediation of identified weaknesses
- Advise the business areas on compliance questions
- Preparation of reports to board / management and other relevant bodies
- Develop and apply compliance policies and monitor their implementation
- Inform and train employees on relevant compliance topics
- University degree in economics, law or finance or similar degree in a relevant field of expertise
- Experience in dealing with regulatory requirements for derivatives exchanges and clearing houses
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations, especially EMIR and MiFID II
- Experience as external auditor, internal auditor or other audit experience would be an advantage
- Good understanding of financial market infrastructure activities, especially of Central Counterparties
- Ability to communicate and negotiate, including the ability to understand complex issues in a way that makes it comprehensible to third parties
- High level of initiative, dedication and motivation
- Very good German and English spoken and written
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.