Lead Enterprise Architect
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Location: Kaiseraugst, Mannheim, Indianapolis
As a Lead Enterprise Architect, you will be a member of the Global Enterprise Architecture core team reporting into the Head of Diagnostics IT Strategy and Architecture. In close collaboration with Business and IT stakeholders you will drive the development of the future IT landscape for Roche Diagnostics in order to meet future business strategies, objectives and requirements.
You will provide advice and consulting support to our key stakeholders on IT strategic, architecture and technology management topics and you will ensure that IT projects implement our strategies and target landscapes.
As a Lead Enterprise Architect you will:
- Lead, define and manage initiatives and projects to develop new Diagnostics IT architecture materials (e.g. Strategic IT Roadmaps, Technology Strategies / Roadmaps, architecture positions, standards, patterns)
- Lead and manage the innovation pipeline and technology scouting processes (experiments, proof of concepts) to ensure DIA develops forward-looking strategies to support the business strategy
- Define, assess and evaluate alternative solutions to ensure alignment with IT strategies, target architectures and IT Standards evolution
- Ensure that the IT landscape for the domain is up to date and communicated properly within the Diagnostics community and beyond. Ensure alignment of projects with agreed Strategic IT Roadmaps and Target Architectures
- Review of Diagnostics solution architectures against compliance with existing IT standards. Evaluate the strategic contribution of applications and alignment with overall IT strategies and architectures
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a Master Degree in Information Technology or an equivalent education. You are a recognized expert around Enterprise Architecture topics. You bring experience in acting as liaison between business and IT partners.
You bring minimum 5-8 years of experience in IT, including solution system design, IT system portfolio management and deep experience in roadmap creation. A detailed knowledge of the TOGAF architecture framework or comparable architecture methodologies is considered a plus. Knowledge of SAFe (or similar scaled agile framework) and the application of architecture management is also considered a plus.
In addition, you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Strategic thinking and ability to link this to tactical/operational needs
- Leadership skills in order to coordinate and collaborate with other architects across the organization
- Experience working with an Enterprise Architecture Management Tool (alfabet from Software AG is of advantage)
- Exhibits an Agile mind set
- Has strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as an Architect with the ability to influence all levels of management (i.e.: verbal and written communication such as presentation and public speaking, negotiation, challenging the status quo)
International travel might be required (up to 20%).
The environment you work in - not just your job - plays a large role in how satisfied you feel with your life. As one of the top companies to work for in Switzerland, Roche aims to provide a setting in which you feel valued and respected. This means your energies are freed up to make unique contributions towards improving patients' lives.
Below are just a few of the benefits and opportunities you'll have when you work at Roche.
Looking after your health and wellbeing
We recognize the importance of keeping your energy levels up and staying healthy. This is why our cafeterias offer healthy food choices, and we have various on-site facilities that will help you keep your endorphins circulating.
Striking a work-life balance
Life is an ongoing balancing act, trying to ensure that everyone and everything is taken care of. We understand this, which is why the majority of our sites have child care facilities and offer eldercare assistance.
Maximizing your development opportunities
We value not only the skills you have now, but also where you can take them in the future. That's why we ensure you have access to all the training you need to excel at your job and help you fulfil your potential.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.