Software Development Opportunities - Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to help our Operations and Logistics Team solve real-world problems in cutting edge ways.
Job ID: 688802 | Amazon EU SARL
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will wear many different hats and work on multiple components of the entire system. You will also help in defining the creative vision, product requirements, and user experience for our new technologies within Operations. Working with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and researchers, you will define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of using technology to improve people's lives, and your experience leading complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing software development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as; Java, Ruby, C#, C/C++, Python
- 3+ years of experience managing and operating software solutions that are highly reliable and scalable
- 3+ years of experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with system level development for hardware
- Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
- Experience managing service-oriented software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills