Software Engineer - Electron Microscopy (f/m/x)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by ZEISS
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that's focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Help us shape the future!
- develop next generation product software for ZEISS electron microscopes
- take on - in close cooperation with different software teams and hardware experts - the control of complex component or our microscope for the "ZEN" software platform. With "ZEN" we set new standards for cutting-edge research and inspire our customers all around the world.
- ensure the smooth interaction of individual microscope components and integrate them into larger system workflows
- work on a state-of-the-art client-server-architecture using latest software tools. Furthermore you will contribute to the creation of specifications, concepts, designs and the documentation.
- contribute as a part of one of our international teams of experts to the success of our products
- a master's degree in computer science, physics or a similar subject
- deep knowledge in object oriented software development using C#/.Net, WPF, C++, multi-threading, Visual Studio
- preferably experience with creating software products for complex instruments (like microscopes, measuring or medical devices) as well as know-how in integrating them into a multi-tier software architecture
- preferably first experience in commercial software projects
- the attitude to become a successful team player based on your organized, analytic and independent way of working
- excellent written and oral skills in English, knowledge of the German language is a plus
For 170 years, ZEISS has embodied a pioneering spirit and a pragmatic approach. ZEISS offers its employees a modern working environment, above-average benefits and a host of opportunities for further development.