Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
DESY' s laser science and technology group is responsible for research, development and operations of high power femtosecond and picosecond lasers related to particle accelerators and free electron lasers (FEL). For design and implementation of ultrafast laser- XUV FEL pump-probe experiments in the context of time resolved condensed matter physics and surface science at DESY's FLASH PG beamline we are seeking a self-driven highly motivated scientist to complement our fast growing, international team of scientists, engineers and technicians.
- Research and development of versatile ultrafast laser sources for pump-probe experiments at FEL beamlines with focus on nonlinear conversion schemes to extend the pump laser spectral coverage from UV to THz for photoelectron spectroscopy experiments
- Research in condensed matter science with focus on photoelectron spectroscopy using DESY's large scale facilities and ultrafast laser instrumentation
- Support pump-probe ultrafast laser - XUV FEL experiments at DESY's XUV Free Electron Laser FLASH
- PhD in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering or similar discipline with several years of experience
- Excellent knowledge of laser science and technology, condensed matter physics and surface science
- Demonstrated experience in pump-probe femtosecond laser spectroscopy and photoelectron spectroscopy
- Ability to develop an active research program compatible to existing research infrastructure
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
Contract type: Temporary contract
Employment type: Full time