Lead Design Engineer (m/f/d) Additive Manufacturing
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by GE Additive
Role Summary: In this role, you will be a key senior member of the AddWorks European Design Team. You will work with external and GE internal businesses to help to introduce additive technology into them appropriately, training their teams, identifying business cases and realising new part and product deigns, supporting the customer and accelerating their journey from first contact up to their final serial production release of their parts.
- Work with customers to identify the best path for the introduction of metal am into their organisation, e.g. training the team, part identification, re-design for am etc.
- Lead and support customer engagements, understand customer requirements and delivering additive manufacturing knowledge transfer to the customer through training, workshops & execution of collaborative design, development & manufacturing projects
- Product redesign or new product clean sheet design of parts, assemblies and systems for metal additive manufacturing considering DMLM, EBM and/or Binder Jet modalities
- Able to work in a multi-functional, global team
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Bachelors/Master's degree in an Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Experience of direct collaboration or communication with external customers, suppliers and project partners
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing technologies and design for additive
- Strong working knowledge of one or more CAD systems e.g. NX, CREO, CATIA and several years of experience working as Design or Senior Design Engineer
- Familiarity with mechanical & thermal simulation tools e.g. ANSYS Workbench
- Proficient in English
- Validated ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects
- Proficient in German
- Experience in AM build job preparation - part orientation & support design
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the worlds brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.