Senior Lead Engineer (m/f/d) Civil & Structural in the area of Industr
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Covestro Deutschland AG
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16.000 colleagues and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Senior Lead Engineer (m/f/d) Civil & Structural in the area of Industrial Construction
The CTO (Chief Technology Officer) Community is responsible for ensuring that processes at our global production sites run safely and smoothly. It also has the responsibility for planning, setting up, and developing our production plants. Around 10.000 colleagues, experts and managers are working in the area of Production and Technology of which Global Project Engineering (GPE) is a strategic part of. GPE is a group of highly motivated and experienced managers translating Covestro global business strategy into suitable real life assets developing and executing capital investment projects as well as steering large, global contractors. For the group "Industrial Construction Civil and Structural" within GPE Civil, Structural, Architectural (CSA) we are searching for a Senior Lead Engineer (m/f/d) Industrial Construction.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible to lead the civil and structural engineering within medium to large scale industrial projects for our chemical plants
- You lead all technical aspects for facility layout in relation to industrial buildings, its technical installation and physical structure, as well as discipline related cost, time and quality matters for global & local CapEx projects in the regions (new and existing industrial facilities)
- Your task will be also be to ensure the best interface/working relationship between vendors, providers and disciplines
- You have to ensure an optimal work split between in-house and external engineering to balance workload and spending
- You will be in charge for preparation of discipline related engineering and technical tender documents according to the company engineering process in all project phases
- Architects, engineers and designers who coordinate external consultants will be led by you, to ensure the best execution of capital investment projects
- Your responsibility will be to provide service excellence for customers and support the development and retention of know how according to our strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- You have completed an university degree (PhD/Master/Dipl.Ing.) in structural engineering and several years of professional experience in plant engineering and construction, including all HOAI phases (1-9)
- You are experienced in the build-up of industrial facilities, combined with skills about relevant standards, regulation law and market know how and you provide a proven track record in capital project execution
- Working with different cultures is your passion and you are committed to international mobility
- It is easy for you to convince people through your appearance and your communication
- In order to develop innovative ideas and creative concepts, your expertise is in demand
- Your German and English skills are fluent, both written and spoken
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please apply online via the 'Apply' button or at , submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation.
Please also indicate your availability/notice period
First questions will be answered by Mr Chris Rziha Phone: .
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applications fairly and avoiding discrimination.