Change Manager (m/w/d) - Bochum
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon Logistics focuses at the last step of the parcel delivery: Our goal to ensure time efficiency and reliability in our deliveries to our customers. To continue to drive process excellence within our Last mile Delivery business, we are currently looking for an experienced Change Manager (m/w).
Job ID: 703476 | Amazon Deutschlnd S1 Transport
As Change Manager you will drive process standardization on site. As a member of the Operations team, you will contribute to the optimization of the delivery stations operations, enabling processes to meet safety, customer experience, quality and cost goals. You will collaborate on and then execute the roadmap of standard EU process upgrades, directly supporting implementation of change at the site level.
In partnership with site management, EU Process Owners, the Change Manager will develop mechanisms to surface known best practices. You will own standardization of processes within the building, enabling overall process alignment
As a key member of the site leadership team, you will work with various stakeholders, including EU Process Owners, Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Sortation team as well as third party vendors and contribute to the stable optimization of our logistic processes. You are in charge of monitoring the logistics and delivery through set performance indicators (e.g. delivery on time, successful first deliveries, customer service rate).
In addition, you will support the implementation of new systems, processes and drive sustainable and effective solution approaches forward, within the framework of our given business goals. Whilst achieving our targets, you will work with software and hardware solution for optimal efficiency and effectiveness. As people manager, you will additionally ensure that your team has sufficient and appropriate tools for their assigned tasks. In this position, you're a key driver for successful order execution thus positively influence our customer satisfaction.
- Own deployment of Process Standard implementations and upgrades within the delivery station
- Own communication of adoption metrics and upgrade planning
- Contribute to the creation and continuous improvement of operation standards, and partnering with local and EU Process Managers
- Support development and continuous piloting of process improvements and ongoing benchmarking initiatives
- Contribute to network standardization via best practice sharing with counterparts, positively contributing to a culture of standardization
- Contribute to audit initiatives and support results-driven action planning
- You have proven experience in Operations, at best within a process-based, dynamic logistic area
- Hands on experience of project management utilizing Lean methodologies, e.g. Kaizen, Six Sigma
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and can operate effectively within a matrix organization
- Your entrepreneurial mind-set enables you to constantly strive for production- and process optimization as well as implementing efficiency increases and changes
- You are proud of your demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- You feel responsible for the quality of your work whilst striving for steady excellence and optimization
- Hold a Bachelor degree, preferably in the area of logistics, business administration or similar
- You possess excellent analytical and MS Excel skills You have great interpersonal communication skills in German and English (written & spoken)
- Flexibility with work times and are ready to assist in night shifts if required
- You hold with previous knowledge on Lean methodologies, e.g. Kaizen, Six Sigma
Besides a competitive salary and stock units, we additionally offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. There are other, intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, plenty of room to actively bring on your ideas and help us to drive forward our success.