Senior Program Manager - Last Mile Delivery - Munich, Luxembourg, Lond
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
As AMZL EU Senior PM you will be working closely with DSP (Delivery Service Providers) Management teams across the EU to understand their business specifics and needs and work together to exceed expectations in developing and delivering last mile solutions. You will represent the DSP Management function in programs initiated and run by other European and North America based teams and ensure consistency with our DSP set up and last mile strategy. Key to success is your ability to effectively manage and deliver different programs and initiatives simultaneously, as well as adapt to learning new tools and systems while building effective relationships. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
Senior Program Manager - Last Mile Delivery EU AMZL
Job ID: 929229 | Amazon Deutschland Trans GmbH
Location flexible: Munich, Luxembourg, London
The ideal candidate requires experience in the transportation/ 3rd party logistics industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will be responsible to:
- working on multiple initiatives and projects across European countries improving the cooperation with our service partners on the last mile
- being the central point of contact for the implementation of EU and world-wide initiatives and programs and representing the DSP-function and last mile teams in all relevant pan-European programs
- report program status and critical decision to senior management on a regular basis and create documents and analysis to facilitate core decisions
- ensure programs integrate with our last mile strategies across Europe
- 5 years plus working experience in the express/parcel delivery industry or the transportation/ 3rd party logistics industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment e.g. in the logistics department of a retail organization
- A bachelors degree (or equivalent) in relevant mayors e.g. engineering, business administration, logistics,
- Experience in project management is required
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
- Possession of sound business judgment and a proven ability to influence others
- Possess strong analytical thinking skills, but also being able to work hands on with their sleeves rolled up, and a preparedness to get involved
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Willingness to travel > 50%
- Proficiency in an additional European language