Sales Specialist Bioprocess (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Corning Life Sciences c/o Corning Optical Communications
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
- Drive New and Incremental sales growth in the Corning Bioprocess Portfolio
- This individual will be responsible for protecting and defending the existing Bioprocess business in the territory defined above as well as executing the Bioprocess strategy as defined by the Commercial Board.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets by developing a strong incremental portfolio and creating new relationships with customers.
- Execute on business development with a good understanding of all regulations to develop a partnership approach based on Quality compliance, profitability and differentiation.
- Ability to collaborate with and to build and maintain relationships with key cross functional groups (including but not limited to; Supply Chain, Customer Experience, Commercial Teams, Field Application Scientists, Scientific Support Teams, MarComm, Quality and Product Line Managers) both within Europe and the US.
- Ability to drive the Bioprocess strategies execution at Strategic Accounts at short, mid and long term
Technical Requirements (Essential)
- Strong scientific and technical/practcial background (Masters, Engineers, PhD or equivalent by experience) in a BioProcess related field
- Good knowledge of the Cell and Gene Therapy market
- Experience in Cell Scale Up, Mammalian Cell Culture, AAV Production or Vaccine production would be an advantage
- Thorough understanding of the Bioprocess workflow and how to position differentiated products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple customer projects concurrently
- Strong Team Player with a can-do attitude and the ability to provide solutions
- Good level of knowledge regarding all Pharma European regulations
- Data driven with ability to analyse and assess market trends and regional trends through the use of Corning's data tools
- Fluent in German and proficient in English
- European travel to account for 60% of this role.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility, leadership and resourcefulness in this critical field.
Commercial Requirements (Advantageous)
- Ideally, 5-10 years' work experience in a Sales Specialist role.
- Proven ability to sell complex and differentiated technology platforms to the pharmaceutical and biotech markets (a working knowledge of Corning technology would be advantageous)
- Ability to effectively sell to a diverse customer base including teams of scientists, engineers, and other highly technical team members
- Basic financial and business acumen