Senior Program Manager - Supply Chain Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Job ID: 958625 | Amazon EU SARL
The position is based in Amazon's EU Headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
Amazon is looking for an innovative, analytical, detail-oriented, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Program Manager to join the Inbound Supply Chain team. As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing strategic initiatives within Amazon's inbound supply chain that delight our customers while driving efficiency and cost savings.
- Own projects from beginning to end: find opportunities, write business cases and documentation, secure resources and technological requirements and implement solutions on time and within budget.
- Drive strategy, prioritize projects and feature sets and align and manage a complex network of stakeholders across a wide variety business areas including operations, commercial teams, transportation, finance & tech development.
- Clear, precise, and regular communication with all stakeholders will be a key element for success in the role. This includes ongoing project/program status reports as well as capturing requirements from stakeholder teams and engaging effectively with senior leadership.
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems.
- Monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is on time, to the appropriate levels of quality and delivering against KPI and cost savings targets.
- Identify and deliver new cross-functional initiatives for driving operational excellence and innovation within the inbound supply chain.
Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective in working with multiple stakeholders to deliver cross-functional initiatives.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required.
- Proven Project Management experience in a related industry.
- Enthusiastic and inclusive leader
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly and analyze quantitatively.
- Strong analytic skills (ability to drive your own analysis and to interpret others' analysis).
- Decision taker and demonstrated influencing skills.
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality.
- High ability to prioritize and to deal with ambiguity.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts (forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics) gained through work experience or graduate level education
- Master's degree/ MBA or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL is desired.
- Fluent in written and spoken English