Senior Manager - Product Management Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it would have cost Amazon?
If so, the Amazon Supply Chain team is for you.
We build systems to peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's warehouses in the most cost-effective way.
When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose where to ship from and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible transportation costs.
This team is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, integer programming and scalable distributed software on the Cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
- Lead a team of product managers to develop the product roadmap and strategy for Operations Resource Planning automation products
- Work closely with senior management and engineers to deliver innovative software products
- Create buy-in for product vision both internally and externally and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and design
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Drive projects, product and feature launches with teams inside Amazon.
Amazon's Supply Chain team seeks an experienced and motivated Sr Manager of Product Management to build a team to define large scale, high availability software systems using mathematical modeling, simulations and data analysis. We are looking for a Senior Manager who thrives on complex problems and relishes the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. We strive to solve complex supply chain optimization problems that no one else has solved yet. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career? Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A strong candidate should understand various optimization techniques and build innovative software solutions working with the supply chain business partners in delivering a viable solution. You should enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
- Ideal candidate would have an MBA or advance degree in finance, engineering, operations research, mathematics or computer science
- 6+ years of experience managing teams
- 6+ years of experience in product management, supply chain, or similar
- Project/product management experience/financial/cost-benefit analysis
- Experience with understanding and documenting complex process flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Software Development teams to deliver software products
- Familiarity with the design and operation of complex planning systems and processes.
- Independent and Entrepreneurial outlook. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction.
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast paced online environment
- Supply Chain experience is preferred
- Finance experience is preferred