Transportation Analyst - Forecasting, Planning & Change Luxembourg Cit
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
The European Transportation Network Planning team forecasts, plans, and optimizes the flow of billions of shipments each year. The network we plan for sees trucks depart every minute across Europe on our busiest day, making the team responsible for one of the world's largest logistics planning operations.
We analyze enormous volumes of data to help Amazon think through how best to organize a quickly growing and changing network. We are constantly engaging with new kinds of problems, and use a wide range of tools to reach the right solutions, including Tableau, SQL/Redshift, Python, Excel and simple common sense and business judgement.
Job ID: 812909 | Amazon EU SARL
The position is based in Amazon European headquarter in Luxembourg, a city widely known for its beautiful setting, livability, and highly international population, with foreign nationals making up over half of the population.
As a Transportation Analyst, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve systems, processes, and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complicated problems through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques, and for working with a wide range of stakeholders across Amazon to implement the answers you identify. Success in Network Planning requires not only strong analytical skills but also excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Planning is uniquely concerned with connecting widely varying teams to a single vision and timeline, which requires very strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Build forecasts on all volume flows in our complex network with more than 80 warehouses, multiple carriers and numerous nodes
- Identify opportunities to improve the accuracy of our forecasts, which involves owning projects from beginning to end: producing the analysis to understand the problem; convening a cross-functional team to resolve it; and monitoring the improvements you produce
- Work to set up processes that allow an orderly, high quality planning process across the year, which is especially important in a highly seasonal business
- Collaborate with teams with widely differing incentives to help them make the right trade-offs in terms of how the prepare for, and respond to, uncertainty, providing analysis that is sophisticated but easy to understand
- Provide reports and analyses through tools, portals and databases (Redshift, SQL, Excel, Tableau, and/or other data management systems) to allow full visibility of both the plan and our execution against it
- Bachelors degree with quantitative focus
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in business analytics with demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis using SQL, databases, and MS Excel in a business environment. These strong data analysis skills should include an ability invent new approaches and to explain their work clearly
- Desire to create and build new processes, and to manage a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments quickly
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and negotiating skills
- Masters degree
- Advanced knowledge of SQL/Redshift, Tableau, R, Python, Visual Basic and/or other programming languages
- Proven Project Management experience in a related industry