Turkish/German Content Developer Cork, Madrid, Edinburgh, Berlin, Rege
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams' band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
We are currently looking for a Content Developer with fluent Turkish and German to join the EU Customer Service Integration team in Amazon's Customer Service Centre.
This role can be based in Cork, Madrid, Edinburgh, Berlin, Regensburg or Cagliari.
Job ID: 971457 | Amazon CS Berlin GmbH
You will act as the 'voice of Amazon' for our customers through the writing, publishing and maintaining of customer-facing and internal documentation. You will be responsible for all customer-facing and internal documentation, including but not limited to online Help pages and Knowledge Centre documentation. Content is dependent on business and product team initiatives, as well as the development and clarification of customer service policies and procedures.
- Native Turkish and German speaker essential.
- Excellent English speaker.
- Demonstrated content management experience within the tech writing, Web, IT, localization or content industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize.
- Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and business acumen.
- Experience working with global stakeholders on complex changes.
- Excellent planning, communication and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative. Can act decisively, promptly and confidently.
- One year Localization experience with a proven track record for delivering projects within scope, time and quality.
- Understanding of outsource vendor processes and interactions.
- Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills.
- Experience with DITA and Ajuda/Trisoft.
- Experience with Trados or other CAT tools.
- Ideally, previous experience with web publishing tools and the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative. Previous experience in a Contact Centre environment with a healthy balance between customer obsession and the need to adhere to company policies.
- Ability to flex and switch from one focus to another depending on what is priority for the business or team at any particular time.