Team Lead Procurement FlixTrain (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by FlixMobility GmbH
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world - and our journey has just begun.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.
Do you want to build up the biggest private player in the long-distance railway market? Do you want to create a new travel experience? You love to improve and rethink status quo? Then join our FlixTrain team and be part of a new startup within FlixBus which will revolutionize the railway industry and how people travel!
- You will build up and lead the Rolling-Stock Sourcing team for FlixTrain. You will define and shape our rolling-stock long-term strategy for FlixTrain
- You are responsible with your team to prepare and execute newly built rolling-stock orders; leading the entire process, ranging from strategy definition and research to OEM negotiations and financing concepts
- You define and execute the strategy roadmap to build up a low-cost provider with superior cost advantages in alignment with headquarter teams
- You coordinate the entire specification process of newly built rolling-stock orders, with support of experts within FlixMobility and external engineering support
- You support the team to plan and execute their work-streams in order to grow the business within a holistic rolling-stock strategy
- You further develop our rolling-stock criteria, find suitable solutions to ensure high quality standards, fast delivery and product definitions that support our long-term strategy
- Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or similar
- Ideally 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Strong analytical critical-thinking skills and a high affinity for rolling-stock topics
- Ability to transfer rolling-stock and engineering insights into strategic roadmaps
- Ability to communicate with wide audience and strong skills in stakeholder management
- Motivating, appreciative and emphatic leadership style, experience in people management is a plus
- Fluent in English; German and every other European language is a plus
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock - organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events - there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.