HR Business Partner (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams' band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon is a vibrant, global, fast moving, customer centric organization whose core values are creativity, ownership, innovation and a bias for action. Our retail platform has created the largest marketplace in human history and our Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses across 190 countries.
Job ID: 801515 | Amazon Deutschland Trans GmbH
For the Amazon Logistics team, we are seeking a customer-obsessed and results oriented HR Business Partner (m/f/d) to grow our innovative HR function in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. The role will support multiple delivery stations. The successful candidate will play a critical role in managing the human resources initiatives that can drive innovation and execution in the last mile delivery business. You must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively at all levels. You will cover HR areas such as employee relations, including performance management, compensation & benefits, training & career development as well as employee retention. You will need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills, and the agility to function in a fast changing environment.
The ideal candidate requires strong team leadership experience in Human Resources, ideally within the logistics industry or a similar international fast paced customer driven environment as you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of employment policies and procedures relevant to the business needs
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels
- Ensure up to date and accurate statistics are maintained
- Support and advise line managers in the management and development of their direct reports
- Ensure compliance with DE legislation
- Consult with the Management Team and all other employees on Employment Law, HR Policies, HR Processes, Compensation, etc.
- Integrate new global HR processes as appropriate at site
- Participate in national and international HR projects
- Provide performance management expertise and assistance to sustain the highest quality workforce
- Review career structures for developmental purposes (e.g. Performance reviews, talent assessment, succession planning based on future potential)
- Coach and counsel employees and managers in HR and business issues
- Keep aware of changes and create strategies to sustain and improve employee morale
- Support the recruiting team in line with our expansion strategy
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant HR experience at business partner level, ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field is required
- Possess problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing and analysing HR metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans
- Have the ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours
- Possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Develop effective working relationships with works councils
- Have intellectual curiosity, bringing valuable insight into the team / business
- Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of German and English (verbal and written) is required
- Excellent communication skills and capability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills and resilient internal/external customer focus
- Excellent team player, good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of German Labor Law