Senior EHS Manager
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams' band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Here at Amazon we are currently looking for an experienced Senior EHS Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within the Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC).
Job ID: 893193 | Amazon Pforzheim GmbH
The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in inbound safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment Centre provides to our customers.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
- Managing the health and safety function at the FC, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all DE operations sites
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced FC environment
- Driving behavioral culture change program across a large, complex, multi shift operation
- Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
- Must be experienced "Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit" with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse environment
- Educated to degree level
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & DE H&S legislation
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
- Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
- Environmental qualification/experience an advantage.