Head of EU Construction Health and Safety Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Job ID: 966559 | Amazon EU SARL
This position will include frequent travel across Europe and as such, has the possibility to be based in other countries outside of Luxembourg.
- Preparation and submission of monthly report to Regional and Corporate EHS Managers.
- Responsible to ensure EHS objectives are reported using the balanced score card for the country with participation from Project EHS Manager and Regional EHS Manager.
- Responsible for providing effective and efficient communication on project EHS activities in co-ordination with Project EHS Manager.
- Responsible for interface with all business units within the country to ensure EHS function is supportive to the business unit's activities.
- Responsible to circulate all new company policies within respective management to ensure communication down the line.
- Responsible to identify significant policy change to projects with participation of Regional EHS Manager and in co-ordination with Project EHS Manager.
- Responsible to ensure correct communication routes are followed for horizontal and vertical communication.
- Responsible to distribute all audit findings as per distribution matrix to projects and others as indicated in distribution matrix.
- Participate in review of client complaints and maintain necessary records.
- Maintain accident / incident record for on-site and off-site accidents. Report off-site accident to HR and Finance departments for fulfilling necessary legal and insurance formalities.
- Lead / facilitate / participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary. Ensure effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Perform and co-ordinate EHS inspections as stated in Corporate / Regional EHS Site Inspection procedure(s).
- Advise / guide business units and project management on selection, maintenance and inventory of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure adequacy and readiness of first aid facilities and trained first aiders in office.
- Participate in assessment of subcontractor's to ensure proper selection and compliance with Amazon EHS rules and regulations by subcontractors on projects.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship between company, clients and its subcontractors.
- Study trend analysis from accidents/incidents, audit findings and advise management on areas of improvement.
- Review EHS related purchase orders as required.
Basic function of the role is to ensure implementation of EHS management systems within the country operations to ensure the effectiveness of implementation to achieve EHS objectives and targets outlined in balanced score card.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in an EHS related field
- Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001 & ISO: 14001
- Knowledge of local HSE regulations, client policies and procedures (added advantage)
- Computer literate - proficient in MS Office, Power point etc.
- Knowledge of internal / external auditing process. (Lead / Internal Auditor - added advantage)
- Investigation skills - root cause analysis
- Knowledge of technical processes in industry.
- Knowledge of EU local HSE regulation
- English + another EU language considered as a strong asset