EU Senior Safety - New build Launch Manager Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
The Safety - New build Launch Manager will be responsible to partner with Launch and Start-up teams to manage the safety deliverables required when opening new Amazon buildings, including Fulfillment Centers (FC), Sort Center (SC) and Delivery Center (DC). They will execute the new FC safety start-up plan to help ensure the site successfully implements our company safety policies and is in compliance to all applicable local and regional safety regulations.
The Safety - New build Launch Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Construction, Start up, Launch and Operations Team. This individual must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The Safety - New build Launch Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
Job ID: 951245 | Amazon EU SARL
The extent of your duties will include:
- Oversee safety performance metrics reporting and communication around new build processes and projects
- Identify the required safety supplies for new FC start-up. Assist in the procurement of the safety items. Set-up all site safety supplies onsite as needed.
- Conduct safety reviews of all new processes and equipment. Identify in detail all safety issues. Develop safety punch list with relevant teams.
- Assist new build project teams in delivering safety excellent processes and operation, right first time facilities throughout Amazon EU regional operations
- Ensure compliance to EU and Country law as it applies to Occupational Safety for all relevant new build projects
- Perform regular analysis and risk assessment of new build processes and standards for site safety improvements and continuous standards improvement
- Ensure full from day one for new processes or buildings to local and Amazon EU required standards. including provision of controls around; conveyor safety, automated machines, Lockout-Tagout, Fall Protection, Fire Prevention, Emergency equipment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
- Analyze accident data and develop standards and check-lists to ensure prevention of accidents
- Build a cross functional commitment for a Safety through engagement, leadership tools
- Review Standard Operating Procedure changes and make Safety recommendations
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis and Job Safety Analysis
- Develop a positive working relationship with local authorities i.e. Fire Department, EHO where applicable during build processes
- Provide weekly metrics reporting to senior management teams
- Applying Lean tools to Safety: error-proof processes
- key risks, use Pareto analysis and other tools to monitor and drive high-effectiveness of new build Safety programs
- Project Work for topics relating to the network
- Support other related network projects
- Maintain communication with Operational directors and General Managers
- Lead cross functional teams as required to deliver safety excellent processes and buildings
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive Health and Safety Management experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial
- 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental and/or maintenance programs in manufacturing, production, engineering/facilities or service operations
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload and European travel
- Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU HS strategies and change processes
- Used to operating at all levels of the organization from warehouse floor to board level
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant European legislation
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
- Willing to travel, up to 60%
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft office
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or Country specific equivalent.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience in safety engineering
- Experience in construction safety
- Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
- Experience managing and leading multiple indirect or direct reports and interacting with cross functional teams.