SFA - Trans Network Finance Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Job ID: 794481 | Amazon EU SARL
The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
The Finance Analyst will work with business partners from supply chain, transportation and fulfillment centers to optimize the total fulfillment cost of every unit delivered by Amazon in EU. He/She will work closely with multiple teams that impact the Amazon Network to drive insight trough analysis and data leading to implementation of actions to improve processes, customer experience and lower cost for the benefit of our customers. The Finance Analyst will be responsible for creating self-serve tools that help evaluate the cost impact of small changes that impact. In the medium to long term, the FA will create and own a mechanism to link Cost, Speed and Performance for the Network in the form of an interactive tool
- Use data and apply analytical methods to evaluate and direct the appropriate use of the company's resources
- Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected trough continuous audit, reporting and systems implementation
- Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, develop insightful dashboards and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metrics
- Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
- Integrate data improvements and increased visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
- Develop reporting and analysis to drive improvement of controllership and predictability of behavior leading to implementation of actions
- Improve forecast accuracy
- 7+ years' experience within a highly analytical role within a fast-paced metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models
- Ability to gather and assimilate information from multiple non-homogeneous sources
- Perform complex analysis and simplify its communication
- Solution driven approach to systems and processes
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, Power Pivot, VBA)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, MSAccess, Power BI, Python, R)
- Desire to learn basics on topics like Big Data and Machine Learning