Financial Analyst Transportation Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Financial Analyst to support the Transportation Finance team. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection, more quickly, and at lower prices.
Job ID: 770197 | Amazon EU SARL
In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network. The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business's economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. Given the nature of this initiative, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in a new space.
- Drive large scale projects across EU with a significant P&L impact by interacting with our key partners in finance and business.
- Build and enhance financial models used to understand & optimize the company's transportation cost/revenue.
- Identify & drive execution of opportunities to improve our cost efficiency in specific countries or across our network.
- Compile/review financial results and plans and communicate results to company leaders.
- Equip the management with regular actionable reporting to enable decision making.
- Drive team productivity by automating and outsourcing reporting and analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, MBA Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other fields with an analytical focus
- 4+ years of corporate finance or related analytical experience
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- High capacity to prioritize workload and achieve effective results within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups) and working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated financial acumen or experience delivering quantitative analyses
- Fluent in English
- MBA from a highly regarded school, professional certification, or 6+ years of relevant experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses with demonstrated career progression
- Advanced skills in SQL, COGNOS, MS Office.
- Experience in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI).
- Exposure on statistical software tools: SAS, SPSS, R, Python or Matlab.