Sr Program Manager EU Control & Analytics Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Job ID: 794283 | Amazon EU SARL
We've been online since 1995 and in that time we've grown at a phenomenal rate. That is why we treat every day like the first day. A day to contribute fresh ideas; a day to challenge convention; a day to make more great things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now, and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future.
We are seeking for a leader with passion and skills in analytics and program management to join our Luxembourg EU Control & Analytics team. You want to strive hard to find out about what we do not know yet and to provide your stakeholders with the data to be right a lot. Your team scrutinizes data to find defects as well as bring to light new ideas for more efficient and effective processes enabling a better service to our customers such as to identify opportunities to ship and deliver packages more accurately on-time, faster and cheaper to customer promises. You work with various stakeholders and partners such as Operations Fulfilment Centers, Carriers, Amazon Linehaul and Last Mile Delivery, Finance, Customer Service, Planning and Engineering, HR etc.
You are accountable for building your team to analyze and solve complex logistics problems. You are responsible to apply statistical models on our operational challenges and to give recommendations on practical implementation on your findings. So your team takes advantage of static methods such as correlation analysis and multiple regression. You will use enabling tools such as Oracle BI, SQL, Python, Tableau, MiniTab and Excel. You won't need power point on our team but excellent written and verbal communication skills. Further, you require a proven ability to lead cross-functional projects.
- Lead and develop your team in analytics, project and with it required communication, process and tool skills.
- Drive our existing roadmap of analytical and control projects and amend and extend with own ideas, working in an ambiguous space that requires ownership for new projects and its operational success.
- Create ways to document, simplify and share data reports and process standards in a way that make adoption simple for geographically dispersed teams as well as to lean report generation.
- A degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Logistics or similar field and relevant work experience in a similar role.
- A leader who enjoys developing her/his team to make it deliver in a fast changing environment and who works on a high factual level.
- Ability to drive complex analysis, to provide solutions, to make data driven decisions and to simplify complex topics for broad audiences in written and verbal form in fluent written and spoken English.
- A qualification in project and lean management and data science tools (see role description pls).
- Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Speaking another European language fluently.