Sr. Business Analyst, EU Transportation Execution Luxembourg City
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And, today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. A day to make history. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Job ID: 826116 | Amazon EU SARL
The Transportation Execution Business Analyst works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with operations and analytics teams to support the teams to monitor, report, and predict impacts to our transportation network.
This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
- Defining the project roadmap and coordinating the implementation based on the analytical results.
- Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
- Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and manipulating/mining data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
- Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and / or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Fulfillment Centers, Supply Chain)
- Implement new processes and methodologies across the organization
The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideas and working from concept through to execution.
- BA or BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or another technical field
- 7+ years in delivering and influencing business processes using data analysis
- Experience with IT-based root cause analysis and process design.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized to ensure a timely implementation.
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
- Experience in Statistical Software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MINITAB
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more of Python, VBA, MATLAB, Java, C++ programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Fluency in English. Further additional EU languages also beneficial
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Master's degree or equivalent in Logistics / Supply Chain / Mathematics / Science / Engineering / Business Development
- Experience developing and growing a business / start-up / association
- Proficiency with TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge.
- Fluency in German, French, Polish, or other European languages