Senior Employee Relations Manager Dortmund
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams' band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Employee Relations
Join an exciting team with a great mission. We want Amazon to not only be the most customer centric company where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online, but with your help, Amazon will also become the most employee centric company in the world. This is your chance to make history!
Job ID: 949659 | Amazon Deutschlnd S1 Transport
Business Area: Operations
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We start with the customer and work backwards. This role will work with and support the last mile operations in our delivery stations, the last stop before our packages are delivered to customers. The teams in our delivery stations are responsible for managing last mile delivery, from dispatch from the station, all on road delivery activities, and processes relating to return to station. Throughout, our driver workforce ensures that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. We work hard to make the driver experience positive so that they ensure our customer expectations are met.
The Amazon Last Mile Employee Relations team supports Amazon and third-party contractor teams that execute Amazon's last mile delivery services. The core workforce this positions supports are delivery drivers. We are seeking a Senior Manager with a demonstrated ability i) to quickly assess data, workplaces, behaviors, and relationships to identify risks and gaps in the work environment; ii) to develop and execute sustainable, scalable initiatives, mechanisms, and programs that affect long-lasting changes at all levels; and iii) to influence leaders to win alignment, support, and change agents. The Senior Manager will possess significant employee and labor relations expertise, excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical and communication skills. You will own ensuring that fair, consistent, and transparent employee relations processes are applied at our deliver stations so that we can maintain a positive experience for our deliver drivers. You will provide guidance to senior leadership teams when introducing programs that foster a positive and engaging relationship with our driver workforce. Amazon works with and respects the right of employees to establish and join works councils, choose and engage in constructive negotiations. In support of these mechanisms, you will support Amazon with strategic and operational advice in terms of trade unions and works councils.
The Senior Employee Relations Manager works as part of the senior leadership team, developing and delivering projects and programs whilst ensuring, through a team of local Operations and HR Managers, the effective delivery of an excellent customer experience.
- Driver Engagement: Develop and assess engagement mechanisms that maintain positive workplace environments for drivers; assess and inform leadership on key areas of improvement both locally and across network.
- Labor Relations Advice & Strategy: Identify trends and challenges, predict and mitigate risks, and develop and execute solution-focused strategies and programs.
- Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented issues under extreme time limitations while exercising excellent judgment and leadership
- Project Management: Independently design, own, and lead successfully large-scale, network-wide projects that improve frontline partner experience
- Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure success of programs
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices, industry status quo, and generate creative mechanisms that bring about large-scale solutions
- Provide Labor Relations Advice: In partnership with our legal teams, provide accurate and timely advice on works council and other workplace mechanisms in concert with meeting business needs.
- Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and move solutions from concept to execution
- Lead Through Others: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results
- Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
- Work at Scale: Design solutions for a single person, station, or situation then translate, design, and launch sustainable mechanisms for entire networks: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results
The successful candidate will:
- Have several years of relevant employee and labor relations experience in ER, HR, or Legal roles
- Possess demonstrable problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Experience analyzing metrics and assessing employee sentiment data to find root causes and develop short-, medium- and long-term plans
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex strategies across large networks
- Capable of working successfully in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Experience working with third-party contractor workforces
- Have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence and empathy
- Possess strong change management, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Willing and able to travel 30-50%
- Speak fluent English and German
- Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations
- Previous experience managing operations