Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client a fast growing SME business are looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager in their Waterford office.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the overall smooth running of Operations, Accounting & administration functions of the Waterford office are run in a smooth and efficient manner whilst providing accurate accounting information for senior management. Leading and motivating a team of staff to high performance.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Managing and leading the accounting function and producing accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports for management. Ensuring all responsibilities such as sales invoicing, debt collection, creditors payments, payroll, monthly reconciliations, Vat returns etc are all completed in a timely manner
* Managing the Administration, Project and Surveying Team to ensure all responsibilities a\re planned and completed within tight timelines. Ensuring there is a structure to all work being completed and any queries and issues are dealt with, without delay
* Ensuring the office environment and procedures meet health and safety regulation standards and compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
* Assisting in the recruitment of staff and managing staff performance by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and delegating tasks to teams. Ensuring HR records are kept up to date.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results and ensuring that accommodation and transport is booked for staff
* Keeps management informed by preparing, reviewing and analysing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
* To seek continuous improvement in processes and to encourage staff to assist on this
* Deal with day to day issues and escalated inquiries on behalf of Senior Management
* Prepare performance and other ad hoc reports for presentation at the weekly Senior Management meeting
The ideal Candidate
* Accounting Technician, Accounting degree or part qualified accountant required
* A min of 10 years relevant experience working in all areas of accounting showing progression in responsibilities over the years. Ability to produce accounts to trial balance is essential.
* Ideally have a min of 3 years good people management experience
* Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills a must
* Highly experienced in software packages, databases, Excel and apps
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail required
* Must be a highly motivated and organised individual
* Level of flexibility required along with the ability to multi task and adjust to changing deadlines