Head of US Casualty International Programs Underwriting 80-100%
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
In this role you will be part of the Global Casualty Commercial Insurance Team and responsible for directing the US Casualty International Program (IPZ) business to improve underwriting performance, providing underwriting leadership and leading operational transformation
As the Head of US Casualty International Programs Underwriting your main responsibilities will involve to:
Ensure consistent and enhanced underwriting across the region and drive portfolio management to improve underwriting performance
Describe, encourage and enforce a rigorous underwriting process and procedure monitoring system
Translate the Zurich strategic goals into Line of Business objectives, and plan for financial and human resources to achieve them
Set and deliver Underwriting Key Performance indicators, and develop Line of Business pricing policy to ensure pricing adequacy
Establish exposure identification, risk assessment, risk response, control activities and monitoring of the Line of Business for which position is accountable
Identify Line of Business Technical training and develop relational Line of Business training framework
Deliver Key Performance Indicators through oversight of their respective Line of Business portfolio, addresses emerging issues and identifies opportunities working with local teams. Drives Line of Business product management
Addressing emerging issues and identifying opportunities for growth or change within the Casualty Line of Business
Your Skills and Experience
As the Head of US Casualty IPZ Underwriting your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Developing, negotiating and implementing global and complex strategic business and service plans; providing input to business unit strategies.
- Optimizing allocation of resources and launching common products, projects, investments across business units.
- Developing, expanding business opportunities, long-term customer relationships
- Identifying opportunities and risks associated with changes in direction of external environment, looking forward 5+ years.
- Producing results and achieving sustainable profits, either directly or by providing support by developing, implementing and monitoring business/operational plans.
- Identifying which emerging issues (internal and external) are relevant to current and future needs and ensuring strategies, programs and processes incorporate these.
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation, implementation and communication of established policies, procedures and operating standards is completed.
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating activities to identify potential risks and issues of non-compliance.
- Participating in or leading risk assessments, escalating potential issues.
Bachelor Degree (or equivalent)
Minimum of 15 years plus of US Casualty Primary and Excess underwriting experience with proven track record
Minimum of 10 years plus people management and leadership experience/expertise
Book Management, Knowledge of underwriting, product development (insurance) - proficiency level expert
Strong English language skills - additional languages are a benefit
Passionate, desire to succeed and win
Managing successfully ambiguity
Open, outgoing, winning personality
- Relationship builder
- Influencer, convincer
- Direction setter
Strong portfolio management skills
- Strong negotiating expertise