Senior Legal Counsel for M&A 80-100%
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
The M&A/Finance/Investments Legal Team consists of highly qualified transactional lawyers located within the Corporate Center of the Zurich Insurance Group in Zurich, Switzerland. The team is part of the Group General Counsel Area, and provides legal advice and support to the M&A, Treasury and Investment Management functions on cross-border acquisitions and dispositions (including long-term commercial agreements and joint ventures), debt and equity financing transactions, and complex investments.
As a Senior Legal Counsel M&A your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing legal support for structuring, negotiating and documenting highly complex cross-border M&A transactions, including stock deals, joint ventures, reinsurance transactions, and portfolio transfers.
- Identifying and advising internal clients on management and mitigation of legal, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Acting as strategic partner to internal clients by consulting on legal issues and implications of business initiatives and providing practical, goal-oriented solutions and efficiently briefing senior management.
- Proactively identifying legal issues having business-wide impact and providing pragmatic solutions.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Legal Counsel M&A your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Law degree and admission to a bar.
- At least 8 years of professional experience (preferably in a law firm and/or legal department of a complex enterprise).
- Postgraduate studies/foreign degree (e.g., LL.M.) or similar work experience abroad (e.g., associate in a foreign law firm).
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting and strong familiarity with legal aspects related to cross-border transactional work.
- Distinct ability to outline complex matters in a simple, logical and conclusive manner, and the ability to effectively communicate with senior management and outside experts.
- A proactive, autonomous and solution-oriented mindset with the ability to think out of the box and a commitment to being a team player.
- Ability to handle numerous and competing tasks and priorities, and to be resourceful and composed under pressure, coupled with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent command of English; German preferred; other languages desirable.
- Good conceptual, organizational and analytical skills and excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Unquestioned integrity, including observation of highest ethical standards and acting in the best interests of the Group and its stakeholders.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.