Agricultural Derivatives Broker
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Redstone Commodity Search
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for executing paper swaps and futures trades on behalf of clients for different grains in the Black Sea and Latin American regions (corn, wheat, barley, sorghum, oilseeds, soybean etc.) on Euronext, CME, CBOT, MATIF etc.
- Provide coverage for clients across Black Sea / Latin America as necessary and develop new revenue streams while expanding existing ones.
- Working with and supporting brokers with daily activities including preparation of daily market reports to communicate market trends to clients
- Create and develop relationships with both new and existing clients
- Identifying potential clients via research and cold-calling
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 2 years' experience working in a brokering, trading, sales or operations role covering agricultural and/or soft commodities (wheat, barley, corn, sorghum, oilseeds, soybean, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of trade entry and execution with strong knowledge of the international grains market (corn, wheat, maize, SBM)
- Must speak at least one of the following fluently: Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese or Spanish
- Solid understanding of derivatives contracts such as futures, swaps and options
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of contacts on both buy and sell side in destination markets (Black Sea, Latin America)
- Detail-oriented and able to judge the risk/reward trade-off in daily operations
- Degree in business, finance, mathematics, economics or other relevant discipline
- Must be located in or have the existing right to work in Switzerland
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.