Computer Scientist - Group Leader, Cancer, Machine Learning (m/w/d)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ)
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and the German Cancer Aid have entered into a long-term strategic partnership to establish the "National Cancer Prevention Center" as a cutting edge piloting structure providing impactful contributions to reduce the burden of cancer. The National Cancer Prevention Center, in a comprehensive approach, integrates prevention research, education and training, as well as evidence-based policy advice and outreach. Nationwide programs to prevent and control cancer will be pursued with a variety of partners and will also directly address each individual citizen.
Within the "National Cancer Prevention Center", a strategic partnership between German Cancer Aid and German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the following position is available at DKFZ at the earliest possible date: Group Leader
Digital Cancer Prevention (Ref-No. 2) We are now looking for a Group Leader in \"Digital Cancer Prevention\" to develop and implement innovative digital systems to engange society to participate in personalized cancer prevention and early detection measures. A further goal is the development of personalized consulting tools for citizens, which are to be evidence-based, validated and quality-assured. This includes the development and application of machine learning, data analysis and modelling techniques. Furthermore, the collected data should be made available for prevention research.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and independent data scientist, who is passionated about cutting-edge digital health technologies and wants to maximise the impact we have on cancer prevention in Germany.
- M. Sc. or higher degree in computer science, engineering, biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field
- Experience in state-of-the-art data bases and handling of big data
- Experience in machine learning and statistical inference using large data sets
- Track record in developing data science methods and building successful digital products, e. g. web applications, games, apps or similar
- Knowledge on current digital technology trends, e. g. smart wearables, digital displays, ideally in the context of digital health
- Strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with german / international data protection requirements
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in German and English
- Self-motivation, productivity and teamwork
- Creativity and critical thinking to challenge ideas are expected
- The ability to work well in a collaborative, cross-functional team
- The ability to build up and manage an interdisciplinary team