Presales Technical Support
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Planet Payment
We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fintech payments company, operating in 64 markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 400,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition-led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers in particular to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the role
Junior Presales Working closely with the IT team and supporting the International Key Accounts (IKA) and National Key Accounts (NKA) in France.
The role will cover pre-sales as well for IKA/NKA and post sales as roll out and IT support.
The role is attached to the Solution Consulting Manager Key Account Support following the product strategy of the company and reporting to its manager.
What you will do
- Working in the SC (Solution Consulting team) department in Paris.
- Understand the need of the French market
- Attend retailer's meetings with sales in order to help promoting the adequate IT solution.
- Agree business and client needs of the applications.
- Sign-off and ensure required features and functions are included in the product offerings.
- Monitor the production phase.
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Who you are
- Ability to take ownership of projects from the pre-sales to final stage.
- A strong track record working with Systems Integrations and dealing with multiple vendors.
- Digital experience in payment and/or in Point of Sale till systems.
- Good knowledge in the IT Project Management with IT skills.
- Must have had exposure to server-side technologies, web services and databases in a general/high level and have the ability to understand general/high level the client/server model. This includes having a working knowledge of integrating either third party software or payment applications to Modern EPOS till systems would be a great advantage
- Have a working knowledge of Retail EPOS/MPOS systems, Credit Card Processing and knowledge of the major POS devices and/or EPOS software.
What you will bring to Planet
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in similar role.
- Good level of analytical problem-solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken) are essential.
- Must be available to travel when it is needed.
- Full knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power point, Visio and MS Project).
- Facility on preparing presentations on demand with quality
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together
Find out more here:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.