Trade Surveillance Associate
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Interactive Brokers Group
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Conducting trade surveillance and monitoring of transactions on EEA markets, including OTC and any product(s) that IB offers, for potential market abuse or market manipulation;
- Assisting with the on-going design and development of reports and systems to help identify market abuse or market manipulation;
- Assisting with written responses to inquiries from the CSSF, other European regulators or exchanges regarding trading activity by IB customers;
- Keeping up to date with changes in market conduct regulations, CSSF conduct of business and SYSC regulations; and
- Keeping up to date with EU and international developments in relevant areas of regulations and law.
- Background in customer trading surveillance preferred;
- Solid academic background;
- Solid knowledge of EU market conduct rules and market regulations;
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Luxembourg and Australia.
Interactive Brokers Europe S.à.r.l. ("IBKREU") in Luxembourg is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.