Global Congress Manager (gn)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by MorphoSys AG
MorphoSys' mission is to make exceptional, innovative biopharmaceuticals to improve the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases. Innovative technologies and smart development strategies are central to our approach. Success is created by our people, who focus on excellence in all they do, collaborate closely across disciplines. We all are driven by a desire to make the medicines of tomorrow a reality. Guided by mutual respect and trust, each member of the MorphoSys team is given the opportunity to develop and flourish within this exciting and inspiring environment. Join us in Planegg near Munich!
We would like to fill the following vacancy as soon as possible:
Global Congress Manager (gn)
A senior expert role, building and leading the central organization for global congress activities for all MorphoSys drugs to add value to the business.
- Business Partner and subject matter expert to global and regional teams
- Coordinating the implementation of MorphoSys' congress strategy to support business priorities and ensure a consistent approach.
- Providing a single point of contact for coordination of MorphoSys' activities at global congresses.
- Providing conference project management for global congress teams to support events and activities such as e. g. exhibitions, symposia, advisory boards, corporate events, advertisements.
- Selecting and contracting of third party vendors for global congress activities according to MorphoSys SOPs.
- Serving as the main point of contact for professional organizations related to global congresses.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and continuously assess opportunities for MorphoSys.
- Managing creation of all materials needed for global congresses and aligning content with internal stakeholders.
- Attending global congresses as MorphoSys representative, supervising e. g. booth set up and maintenance
- 5+ years experience in congress management, preferentially for global congresses in Oncology / Hematology
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical congress industry, codes and practices
- Experience in congress and exhibit planning process including financial and compliance aspects
- Knowledge of global Pharmaceutical market and strong understanding of external stakeholders including KOLs, physicians, payers and patients
- Experience in working with agencies delivering global pharmaceutical congress activities re. events, activities, sponsorings and exhibition booths - significant experience in supplier engagement and supplier performance management
- Cultural sensitivity globally, with a focus on US and EU
- Internal business partnering experience
- Effective project management skills. Ability to work towards tight timelines and manage conflicting priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills in English incl. negotiation, collaboration, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel globally including over weekends
- Rare opportunity to set up global congress management in a global HQ based near Munich
- Creative working in X-functional teams
- Open and appreciative corporate culture
- Multicultural environment
- Working in an attractive, high-quality equipped building with restaurant
- Free sports and language courses