Regional Workforce Staffing Manager Leipzig
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
We are looking to hire a talented and committed Regional Workforce Staffing Manager to successfully manage the permanent and temporary labor and to co-ordinate the process of labor management. The Regional Workforce Staffing Manager will report to the Head of DE&AT Workforce Staffing.
Job ID: 970003 | Amazon Distribution GmbH
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of Workforce Staffing (WFS) within our Fulfilment Centre network. The extent of your duties will include:
- An across-site functional and disciplinary lead of WFS teams. Hire and develop team members by transferring our leadership principles into practice and lead by example.
- Work with DE regional Operations Team and Head of DE&AT Workforce Staffing to determine strategy and direction for Amazons DE Operations labor requirements, including the annual peak increase in labor, compliant with DE and EU legislation. Realize a trust based stakeholder management on German level with Operations, HR, Finance, Legal etc. by establishing and maintaining consistent levels of working relationships across all sites in your area of responsibility.
- Understand and have involvement in labor planning requirements. Ensure planning is kept up to date with current labor demand, highlighting any concerns in a timely manner. Review and establish causes for unfavorable trends in the metrics, drive root cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Establish and help to maintain agency working relationships across all parties. Monitor and ensure each agency meet agreed service level agreements and are compliant with DE and EU directives in relation to Amazon Agency Associates. Monitor agency performance and ensuring contractual obligations regarding ratios are met.
- Conduct on-site audits to assess quality and performance of implemented recruitment processes. Increase audits as appropriate.
- Drive continuous process improvement and standardization according to (annual) project plan in order to smooth processes and ensure scalability.
- Support Amazons growth by actively supporting launch of new sites. This includes setting up a perfect working environment including staffing of hiring team, establishing a framework with local representatives and implementing the labor tool kit.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong people management experience, excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally.
- Be eager to learn and hungers to master new challenges demonstrated by a strong track record of problem solving. Has a solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
- Be competent in HR and Recruiting topics, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Extensive project and change management expertise.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Willing to relocate if necessary.
- Holds a degree ideally qualified in HR or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline
- Speaks fluent German and English
- MBA graduate
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organization offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.