Transportation Carrier Manager Munich
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Amazon Europe Core
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Transportation Carrier Manager to join the Transportation team.
The role represents a critical function with Amazon EU Operations to continuously improve the service levels, capacities, and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul to ensure promises to the customers are being maintained.
Job ID: 969946 | Amazon EU SARL(Germany Branch)
The position is based in the vibrant city of Munich, Germany.
- Track existing metrics to detect & remove defects
- Line haul carrier performance management (e.g. on-time truck performance)
- Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, development of SOPs
- Analyze existing trucking versus required capacity, especially to support peak
- Support market research, Request for Information, Request for Quotation process to source new carriers where the existing carrier pool is insufficient/poor performing
- Project support ensuring Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers
- Support Contract management and contract compliance for existing and new routes/carrier
- Support truck forecast improvement initiatives and ensure it is shared with carriers and Fulfillment Centers on a regular basis
- Recommend Line Haul carrier allocation to routes/replacements (based on optimum of cost and performance)
- Q4 planning and execution - secure sufficient Q4 Line Haul
- Support the Operations Planning (OP) Process: goal settings
- Prepare and participate recurrent Ops calls, business reviews, QBRs, Customer Service workshops (to support the improvement plans)
- Maintain and improve communication, process and Fulfillment Center/carrier interface
- Develop relationships with Line Haul providers that facilitate communication and visibility across Amazon's line haul network
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
- A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
- 3-5 year's working experience ideally gained in Transportation, preferably in a similar role within a logistics provider or retailer
- Excellent customer service skills and commercial understanding
- Negotiations/logistics procurement skills / tender management experience
- Performance Management experience
- Supplier Management skills
- Capacity management / forecasting skills
- Contract Management experience
- Fluent in English, excellent written skills, excellent narrative style preferred
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel
- Good German language skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.