Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Anonymous
* Testing and analyses of all parameters (ph, colour, COD, BOD etc) in line with the TCCC and regulatory requirements.
* Interpret data from analyses and make appropriate adjustments to the process parameters.
* Work to KORE requirements for training, documentation, instrumentation control / maintenance, conduct audits and follow procedures.
* Maintain EPTP laboratory instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibration and repair).
* Coordinate, schedule and support the completion of Preventative Maintenance and calibration of the Effluent Pre -Treatment Plant.
* Liaise with external laboratories, external suppliers (Mayo County Council and Irish Water)
* Management of Proficiency Testing Programs and continuous Improvement.
* This role involves working on your own and using your initiative.
* Ability to handle laboratory instrumentation and samples;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Computer literacy (Excel and Word), SAP is an advantage;
* Maintain technical records and prepare reports;
* Analytical decision making;
* Problem solving skills;
* Good mechanical aptitude;
Education & Experience:
* Experience and knowledge of Effluent Pretreatment Plants is desirable.
* A Science or Engineering Diploma (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mechanical, chemical or environmental science) is required