Technical Manager ASL EMEA
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Anonymous
* Manage a group of people in all aspects of a specific lab function or operation.
* Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
* Develop and execute people plans for the laboratory including evaluating resource requirements, reallocating resources to meet testing needs, reward and recognition program. Insure laboratory is operated under local and TCCC safety requirements.
* Ensure proper use of resources i.e. Equipment, People & information systems.
* Leverage employee feedback to develop and engage the team members.
* Assure lab processes and customer service meets business needs. Lead all aspects of the day-to-day operation, including people and lab infrastructure.
* Work to and ensure self/team compliance to Quality Management requirements for training, documentation, instrumentation control/ maintenance and audits.
* Train and instruct analysts/scientists.
* Supports troubleshooting of quality issues (incoming and outgoing).
* Control operational expenses for laboratory. Prepare capital plan (CAPEX), considering strategic capital requirements.
* Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/business units and providing support to branches, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
* Bachelor's Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
Preferred Educational Requirements
* Post Graduate degree (MSc. or PhD) in Chemistry or Microbiology is preferrable.
Related Work Experience
* 8+ years of analytical and people management experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry