CIB - Digital Platform Services Resiliency & Controls - Safeguarding o
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by J.P. Morgan AG
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The European Safeguarding of Client Asset and UK Client Asset Team (CASS/SGCA) is responsible for providing support to the Firm and the Directors responsible for Safeguarding of Client Assets across European and UK based entities to ensure compliance with regulatory rules.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an established cross-jurisdictional team with varied work, exposure to multiple stakeholders spanning a range of CIB businesses and the chance to be at the forefront of a developing regulatory area. The team works closely with Operations, Business and Product Management spanning all lines of business across the Legal Entities in scope for CIB including Global Custody, Global Clearing, Collateral Management, Funds Services, Escrow, Securities Lending, Liquidity Solutions, Derivatives, FX, Principal Collateral, Equities and Fixed Income. In addition, the team partner with Compliance, Audit and Risk. The existing team members are based in Bournemouth and Luxembourg and this role is for an individual to be based in Frankfurt.
The main focus of this role is undertaking oversight and governance in relation to JPM's compliance with MiFID II Safeguarding of Client Assets requirements under a variety of local regulations including the WpDVerOV and WpHG Securities Trading Act.
Summary of Responsibilities: As a Safeguarding of Client Assets Control Manager, you will:
- provide direct support to the Safeguarding of Client Asset Officer;
- work with and be an integral part of the central CASS/SGCA team;
- be a key contributor in ensuring that the respective Operations and Business units have the necessary process and control in place for client asset protection across Europe and UK.
- Understand the local regulations, actively participate in industry forums to ensure the governance model appropriately addresses the requirements
- Contribute to the existing SGCA governance structure across CIB predominantly for specific German regulation (but also the UK, Luxembourg and Ireland as well as any other jurisdictions as needed). This includes preparing governance documentation for the Safeguarding of Client Assets Officer, new business SGCA assessment for the entity, review and drafting of SGCA Policies/Standards/Procedures, working with stakeholders on the remediation of any potential breaches of laws/regulations; and reviewing training materials, assisting with business reviews and SGCA risk mapping as required.
- Work with Legal & Compliance partners to understand and assess the impact of regulatory change and lead workstreams for the implementation by business and product areas of applicable changes
- Support audits for safeguarding of client assets
- Provide technical support, working with Compliance as appropriate, to the product areas
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business, Compliance, Audit functions and other key partners
- Effective issue escalation management
- Solid experience of at least 5-6 years in an investment bank regulatory, compliance or operational team;
- Proven ability to easily build networks and relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Education to degree standard (or equivalent) in a Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Willingness and strong ability to get into the details of regulatory requirements and applicability to JPM businesses, operations and functional groups;
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written, suitably flexed for different types of communication and different audiences;
- Thirst for knowledge, ongoing learning and self-development (including being highly receptive to independent learning, on the job training and structured delivery);
- Ability to work in a control focused and audited environment;
- Confident with working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload;
- Comfortable with working as a collaborative member of a remote team;
- Excellent escalation, analytical and problem resolution capabilities;
- Adaptable and resilient in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Fluent English and German language skills
- Working knowledge of the MIFID II Safeguarding of Client Asset rules or other client asset protection regimes
- Demonstrated leadership and ability over process and control, both over established and required enhancements
- Project management skills
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package, as well as a family friendly and multi-cultural working environment. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.