Plant Manager / Operations Manager
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Eaton Corporation
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
This person will manage the operational processes for two plants (Mülheim an der Ruhr and Kerpen) and the manufacture of products to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied, whilst operating within both budgeted expenditure levels and operational KPI targets. She/He has the responsibility to continually refine and remove waste and cost from manufacturing activities to exceed customer expectations.
Your Key Deliverables
- Direct management responsibility for Operations to Eaton standards and achievement of specific operational KPI's (Service, cost productivity, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, sourcing, quality, environment, health and safety, inventory, warehousing and distribution).
- Provides direct management of the two operations teams on all aspects related to the manufacturing and controlling of production to fulfill our customers' needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
- Drives to meet the On Time Delivery targets by putting in place the required production capacity, resources and systems.
- Coordinates the activities of the teams to optimize cost performance of the plant, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste.
- Interacts closely with the worldwide Crouse Hinds operations teams.
- Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process. Co-ordinates with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimize cost and quality.
- Carries out profit planning for the plants and ensures that the objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications.
- Manage the financial performance of the business to achieve targeted EBT and growth.
- Represents the business to third (external) parties by having regular close contact to local and regional communities and ensures that environmental, health and safety regulations are in compliance with applicable laws and company systems.
- Drives the implementations of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, VAVE and Six Sigma (MVP) methodology, strive for world class manufacturing standards, visual management and achievement of cost productivity targets.
- Develops an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Develops data collection, analysis and delivers plans for improvement across the operation
- Drives Environmental Health & Safety (OSHME) program throughout the Operations team and develops a strong EHS culture.
- Experience in operations management with cost centre accountability.
- Proven leadership and management skills within supply chain, HR and finance.
- Experience with consistent labour productivity improvement.
- Understanding of ERP systems and world class manufacturing techniques and Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on achieving results.
- German and English fluent.
What Eaton Offers:
- Great working environment - safety and ethics is really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.