Key Account Manager (m/w/d)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Listgrove
Driven by value of growth and to provide you with a career development opportunity, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving sales growth within a specific business unit.
The position would ideally suit an experienced Sales Engineer or existing Key Account / Sales Manager with commercial acumen, familiar with working with clients to develop bespoke solutions, consisting of engineered components.
With full support from the Business Manager, the successful candidate will have a broad responsibility for the development of Key Accounts with specific strategies, marketing plans and development of distribution networks. You will be managing complex projects to achieve best result (including logistics, quality, manufacturing, engineering department, in order to deliver to promise), becoming a consultant for customers. Responsible for financial year planning and implementing cost increases.
- Complete the annual goal setting package and submit to sales management.
- Determine and manage the sales potential of assigned accounts and plan appointments to reach the desired sales goals, and measure the return on time invested with each account.
- Set objectives and manage accounts, new contacts including existing applications or possible applications.
- Develop and manage the sales call plan for assigned customers' contact requests based on potential sales revenue. Determine growth opportunities and keep an active review list of programs.
- Develop and manage a plan to pursue all application opportunities with the assigned accounts through personal visits.
- Maintain accurate computer generated customer records in the standard company format and a record of application activity of all assigned customers. Supply sales management with a computer backup upon request. Update global database weekly.
- Prepare a monthly analysis, by account responsibility, for the Sales Manager on all substantial opportunities in new products, marketing, facilities, other territories, and/or problems and report on performance to forecast objectives.
- Plan and carry out new product sales and development with assigned companies.
- Hold seminars at assigned key accounts per company standards.
- Degree in Engineering or a very strong technical background.
- 3-5 years key account management sales experience of a technical product requiring technical ability.
- Self-motivated, confident, good negotiator and communicator, flexible
- Possess good computer skills
- Ability and willingness to work from home and ability to travel. Driving license essential
The employees enjoy an excellent work/life balance, globally competitive compensation, and global and local connections with colleagues from around world who share the same vision and passion. Being part of the company means being part of a success story that spans for almost a century and is still being written by people just like you today.