Local Comptroller Group End-2-End Accountant ((m/w/d)/
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Are you an expert on German GAAP (HGB) accounting regulations and German Tax law? Do you like to deal with accounting and tax-specific questions?
As Local Comptroller Group End-2-End accountant, you are responsible for the coordination of the German Local GAAP and Tax process and for preparing the local GAAP financial statements and tax return for specific Legal Entities in the German P&G Group.
You will collaborate and interact with the international P&G Service Centers, Local Finance Management and with internal and external auditors. This includes providing guidance and coaching on specific accounting questions regarding German GAAP and Tax law to the service centers, you will jointly develop process improvements and standard processes to ensure a high-quality of our German financial statements, tax returns and analysis, according to external filing requirements and deadlines.
The key to your success is your technical knowledge and your continuous willingness to develop further not only in this knowledge area but also in the areas of (i) external compliance, (ii) SAP processes and systems and (iii) corporate company structure.
• Lead local GAAP (HGB) Financial Statements and closing process and preparation for German LEs following the agreed closing plan and requirements
• Review the underlying analyses for all Legal Entities provided by P&G Service Centers independently
• Prepare standard and ad-hoc analysis for local Management and Supervisory Board
• Work with external auditors in accounting relevant topics
• Be the Center of Expertise for local GAAP treatment of non-standard business cases vis-à-vis Service Centers and other departments
• Lead structural process improvement projects together with the service centers
• Understand the impacts of local GAAP/US-Gaap changes for your area and initiate the required process changes
Corporate Income Tax
• Own process for preparation / review of tax returns (annual income tax returns, quarterly § 50a EStG returns, ad hoc WHT tax returns etc.) for single German Legal Entities following the filing plan and requirements
• Prepare tax specific analyses for any special or new tax relevant business cases
• Act as competent contact partner for internal or external tax advisors and communicate with tax authorities regarding tax returns and tax assessments.
• Monitor tax payments and prepayments in collaboration with P&G Service Centers
• External Qualification as Chartered Accountant (Bilanzbuchhalter) or Tax advisor (Steuerfachwirt, Steuerfachangestellter)
• Excellent knowledge of German GAAP (HGB) accounting regulations and German Tax law
• Proficient in International Accounting standards (US GAAP or IFRS)
• Experienced in preparation of German GAAP Financial Statements (Balance sheet / P&L / Attachments / Situation report, Cash Flow) & Tax returns (Corporate Income Tax, Withholding Taxes)
• Experienced in SAP accounting software (ERP, HANA)
• Proficient usage of MS office
• Ideally DATEV knowledge
• Strong communication and collaboration
• German (native speaker)
• English (fluent in writing and verbally)
P&G is a leading global consumer goods company whose winning brands are built around the model of innovation. Whatever your passion is, we want to ignite your potential to become your very best self. We hold true to our purpose, values and principles as we seek to make a difference in the world around us. You will engage in meaningful work that will touch the lives of others and have a real impact. Everything at P&G starts with understanding - understanding our consumers and our employees as we innovate to improve lives now and for generations to come.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Job Description