Head of Fleet Support Engineering (f/m/div)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
It has been two years since we set out to lead the transition to a more sustainable world, empowering people and making the most of the potential of the wind. And we made it. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters: clean energy for generations to come.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
You as our new Head of Fleet Support Management (f/m/div) would be responsible over a 2.5 M€ budget and supervise a team of 30 people spread across different locations. You also support 6 regional team and would have direct influence on 10 different product platform. This role can also be located in our other office locations in Spain, UK or Denmark.
- Ensure technical competency and value addition of engineering solutions provided to Operations, Customers and other stakeholders
- Facilitate the delivery of short-term technology solutions to operational issues to resolve immediate hazards or threats to production and provide input to the development of long-term solutions.
- Influence in different stakeholders in L1 and L3 to enhance overall Customer Satisfaction.
- Identify and Promote improvement proposals in existing processes and tools in order to enhance solutions to end customers
- Set objectives for the Level 2 Support group and meet yearly targets (KPIs) to constantly improve overall performance and efficiency as a team.
- Define activities and a 3-year strategy and set tactical plans to meet measurable targets.
- Support the technical development of projects to ensure operational issues are raised and addressed as part of the project scope
- Masters degree of Aeronautic or Industrial Engineering
- 15 years of experience in Wind or Aeronautical sector conducting support functions in service businesses
- 5 years of proven international team management experience
- Six sigma Certification and agile project management methods
- Strong focus on Customers with excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills - verbal and written
- Global mindset (American, European, African and Asian cultures)
- Change management
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more