Export Control Specialist (f/m/d) - Global Trade EMEA
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH
Location: Putzbrunn near Munich or Pleinfeld near Nuremberg (Germany) or Dundee (Scotland)
Job number: 192038
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: At Gore, our global support teams bring together extensive knowledge and collaborate closely to support our diverse portfolio of products that solve complex problems and perform in the most demanding environments. Learn more about Gore products.
About the Role: Our Global Trade Team manages all international trade and customs compliance tasks and responsibilities for our subsidiaries in the EMEA region. As part of this team, the Export Control group works closely with stakeholders and teams in Europe and US in order to align our compliance efforts globally. You will be part of this group with a specific focus on ensuring compliance for GORE UK's manufacturing units (Electronic Components and Cables). An additional part of this role will be to support Export Control and Export operations for GORE Germany and other GORE business areas. Our Global Trade teams are located in Putzbrunn (near Munich), Pleinfeld (near Nuremberg) and Dundee (Scotland) - the position could be located in either location.
- Determine export control classification for products, including US re-export item classification
- Determine UK or German export license requirements and obtain licenses using the government online export licensing system
- Determine export control restrictions and oversee requirements and processes in the EU and UK
- Execute restricted party screening and resolve potential matches
- Coordinate with internal / external experts to understand impact of regulatory revisions, list changes, and potential changes required for export control
- Prepare for and coordinate customs and export control audits or responses to government inquiries in UK and Germany
- Provide subject matter expertise, support and training to the various business units if needed
- Support development of regional and enterprise export control processes, tools, and guidelines, including coordination with specialists in the business and other regions
- Maintain communication with related customs authorities in UK
- Support Global Trade in additional areas e.g. managing export clearance compliantly based on relevant export and customs regulations
- Completed advanced commercial education in the areas Logistics, Customs or Export Control
- More than 5 years professional experience in related Global Trade areas (ideally experience in UK customs and Export Control)
- Expert knowledge of related customs-, trade laws, requirements and regulations. Ability to transform this into practical solutions and operational processes within the region
- Ideally knowledge in US re-export control regulations and customs systems and software desirable
- German and English on expert level (German on basic level for applicants located in UK)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with customs or other authorities and external partners
- Good knowledge of related systems and software is beneficial (Trade compliance and shipping software)
- Willingness to travel to serve UK as well as German businesses and stakeholder (20%)
This position requires access to items and information that may be export controlled under the laws of Germany, the UK or the US. Eligible candidates must be able to obtain authorization to access that controlled information without violating applicable law.
Applications in German or English language are welcome.
What We Offer: At Gore, we want our Associates to have fulfilling careers driven by curiosity and commitment. In return, we commit to our Associates by offering comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation, benefits, and learning and development opportunities. Learn more about: benefits, diversity, and growth & development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
At Gore we are looking for qualified and motivated individuals. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.