Digital Media Analyst (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Dyson GmbH
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 in Malmesbury, UK. Over 12.000 people, including James Dyson himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. It's all about better ideas and better technologies to solve other people problems.
Since 1998 Dyson can be found on the German market. Over 130 people are responsible for the marketing and selling out all our Dyson products and the success speaks for itself: Dyson has led the country's vacuum cleaner market in terms of value since 2015. We are on an expansion drive and have many exciting plans for the future, therefore we are looking for a:
Digital Media Analyst (m/f/d) - Cologne, Germany
The Dyson business in Germany is growing rapidly, and so does the importance of our digital media function to meet our ambitious plans. Digitally, the business will make great strides through 2019 and onwards and it is crucial to ensure we scale, optimize and increase efficiency accordingly. The Digital Media Analyst will help us to meet our great ambitions.
Reporting into the Business Intelligence and Analytics Lead with a dotted line to the Head of Digital Marketing you will be responsible for the ongoing analysis of full funnel media (TV to CRM), with a focus on all PPC, Programmatic & Social campaigns and of activities impacting digital channels as well as working closely with our media agency and internal stakeholders. You will establish and maintain performance reporting, deliver insights and give recommendations to improve performance and scale delivery as well as collect and analyse data to identify trends in order to achieve maximum efficiency. Along that you will be conducting pre- and post project analysis to ensure a data driven approach to digital investment.
Join our newly set up and growing BI team that will offer you many opportunities to learn and grow as well as career opportunities.
The Business Intelligence and Analytics team works with stakeholders across the whole business to support by providing data, anaylsis, visualizations and actionable insights to achieve the overall business goals as well as achieving excellence in business planning, monitoring and reporting. The Digital Media team is responsible for managing the PPC, Programmatic & Paid Social campaigns as well as steering agenices.
- Undertake ongoing analysis and optimisation of all marketing campaigns, providing insight and recommendations for future activity, working closely with our media agency and internal stakeholders.
- Identifying and communicating recommendations, opportunities and trends to the stakeholders to improve results and achieve maximum efficiency.
- Deliver ongoing Paid Search deep dives to continually improve the channel performance, and lead the work stream with the agency to deliver and report on outcomes.
- Establish and maintain performance reporting on delivery from paid media vs target, delivering insights on audience and creative performance.
- Monitor digital channel performances in Google/Adobe Analytics and the Google Marketing Platform, delivering actionable insights and recommendations to improve performance and scale delivery.
- Develop and maintain the Digital Marketing Forecast to deliver each digital channel's budget, aligned to the Direct and Marketing budget.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional partners including Category Managers to support the planning and delivery of integrated media campaigns for the Dyson business, conducting pre- and post project analysis to ensure a data driven approach to media investment.
- Lead on joined analysis with media agencies.
- University degree in Economics with a major in E-commerce or Marketing or other business/analytical discipline
- Proven digital marketing experience (1-2 years) in PPC
- Full funnel media analysis experience is an advantage but not a requirement. This role also offers the development opportunity for a hungry digital analyst.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience of Digital Analytics tools such as: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Google Marketing Platform etc.
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker etc.) and basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R or Python a bonus
- Constantly looking for opportunities to use data to improve performance
- Ability to distil complex analytics into simple themes that are appropriate for non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all stakeholder levels
- Very good Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in working with / steering agencies beneficial
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet project deadlines
- Self-starter who likes taking initiatives
- Enjoys working in a fast paced & ever-changing environment
- Fluent in German and English
- 30 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- 24/7 accident insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed dress code
- Free on-site parking or subsidized job ticket
- Discount on Dyson machines and Corporate Benefits
- Subsidized sport activities
Working at Dyson:
Our culture is unique. We constantly strive to find a better way to solve everyday problems. If you want to be part of a challenging yet rewarding environment and are excited by change - it could be for you.
On our careers page you can learn more about our values "Different, Authentic, Better", which remind us of our mission every day and help us achieve our goals.