Junior Private Label Product Manager for Non-food (f/m/d)
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by zooplus AG
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate and a revenue about 1.3 billion Euro in 2018, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 29 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 650 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 40 countries who work at 13 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
- Responsibility to define and execute a global strategy for a specified range of categories within the non-food portfolio
- Continuous monitoring of the product life cycle including category analysis based on defined KPIs, together with planning and execution of new products and delistings
- Responsibility for the sourcing, development and introduction of global new products based on a sound understanding of customer needs, managing the process from concept through to launch
- Conducting market, competition and range analyses, including assortment and price analysis
- Participation in the development of the business unit strategy and ensuring its operational implementation
- Responsibility for negotiating and specifying framework conditions and purchase prices for relevant suppliers
- Actively monitoring and managing the relationship with existing suppliers in close internal cooperation with replenishment, supply chain, accounting, legal and finance functions
- Close interface with functional stakeholders including sales, marketing, purchasing, replenishment, accounting, legal and external partners
- Successfully completed business-related degree
- One to two years professional experience in product management/category management in the FMCG industry or retail, ideally with e-commerce experience
- High internet affinity and touchpoints/experience in the pet industry are desirable
- Strong competency in planning, analysis and developing strategies
- Experience in managing national and international suppliers, and handling contractual negotiations
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on mentality, in a very dynamic environment
- Strong marketing knowledge and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written German and English language skills
Become part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company with great freedom and short decision-making paths. In our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe, we offer you a versatile task with an international orientation. Our office is located in the center of Munich near Stachus and has excellent infrastructural connections. Fresh fruit, free drinks, company fitness, employee discounts complete our offer.